8-10-2020 Village Fire Restrictions
Fire Restriction August 10 2020 PDF>>
August 10, 2020
VILLAGE OF TAOS SKI VALLEY FIRE RESTRICTIONS:
Stage II FIRE RESTRICTIONS TO BE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY
Due to conditions of the COVID-19 pandemic and the impact it will put on the members of the FIRE DEPARTMENT within The Village of Taos Ski Valley the following activities shall be prohibited or restricted within the boundaries of The Village of Taos Ski Valley; until rescinded. This restriction is consistent with the State of Emergency order from The Village of Taos Ski Valley Resolution 2020-428 that was set in place on March 16, 2020.
These Restrictions Prohibit:
- Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, or charcoal stove fire. A propane stove is exempt.
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building.
- Possessing, discharging, or using any kind of firework or other pyrotechnic device.
- Using an explosive.
- Welding, or operating an acetylene or other torch with open flame.
- FIREPLACES AND WOODSTOVES; The use of indoor fireplaces and woodstoves are permitted, provided they are equipped with a metal spark arrestor screen.
- BARBEQUE GRILLS: Cooking devices, intended for outdoor use, fueled by liquid propane gas, natural gas or liquid fuel are permitted.
- CHAIN SAW; With permit from TSVFR with tools, and a source to extinguish any flame.
FIRE RESTRICTION EXEMPTION PERMIT:
- A Fire Restriction Exemption Permit may be obtained from the Taos Ski Valley Fire Department or the Village of Taos Ski Valley Office. Approval and signature must be obtained from the Taos Ski Valley Fire Chief. Permit holder must have a copy of approved and signed exemption permit at applied property.
- Pursuant to the Village of Taos Ski Valley Ordinance 2014-2, section 7, the penalties for any violation of this fire restriction shall be a fine of not more than $500 and/or imprisonment of not more than ninety (90) days.
Any federal, state, or local member of an organized law enforcement, rescue, or firefighting force in the performance of their official duty is exempted from this fire restriction.
Thank you for your cooperation,
Christof Brownell, Mayor
Roberto Molina Jr, Fire Chief