Installation of new natural gas lines in the Village will be a customer-driven project. NM Gas is not able to extend lines on its own as it is customer-owned. Existing rate-paying customers are not allowed to pay to provide facilities for new customers, under the PRC’s regulations.
Property owners should contact NM Gas about connecting and/or about creating line extension agreements. Please see the information below:
- Advantage Program Monthly Payment Examples
- Agenda with contacts 6-4-20
- Customer Application
- VTSV Addresses
- VTSV Gas Distribution
In addition, here is more information from Colleen Summers, the Business Development Manager at NM Gas:
“I’d like to better explain New Mexico Gas Company’s programs. There seem to be some misunderstandings and I’d like everyone to have the correct tools and knowledge.
Conversion Rebate – New Mexico Gas Company has a limited fund that will expire November 13, 2021, unless the funds are depleted prior to this date. This is the fund that the $1,500 conversion rebate is available from. After service connection and the first monthly bill and monthly gas bill have been paid, there is an application to fill out to request this fund. I will assist you all with the rebate when the time comes. The fund is available on the first served basis. The purpose of this rebate is to help with costs associated with the service line and/or appliance conversion when applied for subsequent to connection and payment of first billing. Because the rebate is over $500, it is taxed as income.
Note: This money is not from a grant. It was provided from New Mexico Gas Company’s owner, Emera, to help serve unserved and underserved areas. There was money available from this fund to provide a dollar match for main line extension costs. However, this part of the program is closed.
- Advantage Program Agreement – This is a monthly payment option for the cost of the main line and/or the cost of the service line (from the property line to where the meter will sit). The program allows an advance from $100 up to $5,000. Payment plans can extend to 120 months, as long as there is a minimum monthly payment of $20.00. There is a carrying charge of $8.58%. There is no prepayment penalty. If the house is sold and the balance is not paid off, the balance and plan will remain with the premise.
- Energy Efficiency Rebates– Please click on the link to learn about energy efficiency rebates for appliances https://www.nmgco.com/en/energy_efficiency.
- Calculator Tool– Learn about cost savings from converting from propane to natural gas by visiting the calculator tool https://www.nmgco.com/gascalculator. Natural gas is much less than propane and this tool will you realize what your annual savings will be.