- TIDD Board Member Elections November 2, 2021
The 2019 Election Code outlines the provisions for TIDD elections to be conducted in November of odd-numbered years.
The highlights follow:
- New board members shall be elected by “qualified electors.” Property ownership is no longer a basis for qualification to vote in a TIDD election of new board members (although property ownership remains a qualification for formation elections). The definition of a qualified elector, which now means a “voter” according to NMSA 1978 Section 1-1-5, is a resident of this state qualified to vote under the provisions of the constitution of New Mexico and the constitution of the United States. Voters who are registered to vote within the Village of Taos Ski Valley precinct and who reside within the boundaries of the TIDD comprise the body of qualified voters for this election. The District Clerk confirmed this with the Taos County Clerk and the Secretary of State in 2019. Voter registration closes for the Regular Local Election on October 5, 2021.
- The qualifications of candidates, which now means a person who “physically resides within the boundaries of the district or districted area in which the person desires to be elected or to represent and the person’s record of voter registration shows that the person is both a qualified elector of the state and was registered to vote in the area to be elected to represent on the date the proclamation calling a local election is filed in the office of the secretary of state.” Candidate filing day is August 24, 2021 from 9-5 at the Office of the Taos County Clerk.
- The District previously opted in to the Local Election Act for elections which shall be held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November of each odd numbered year. The Taos County Clerk will run the election, at no cost to the TIDD. The polling place will be the location within the Village’s precinct normally designated by Taos County for elections, which is the Inn at Taos Valley, at 1314A State Road 150, Taos Ski Valley, NM 87525. A voting tabulator machine will be used.
- June 5, 2021-July 5, 2021 Clerk Wooldridge notified the Taos County Clerk of the local government positions that are to be filled at the next regular election.
- August 4, 2021 Secretary of State’s office issues proclamation for local election
- By August 19, 2021 Taos County Clerk shall post and publish the election proclamation
- August 24, 2021 9-5 Candidate Filing Day with Taos County Clerk. Must be in-person by the eligible candidate or by a person acting by virtue of written authorization.
- August 31, 2021 Write-in Candidate Filing Day
- October 5, 2021 Voter Registration Closes. However, same day voter registration will be allowed during early voting, and on election day.
- October 5, 2021 Absentee Voting Begins. Application for absentee ballot is made through the Taos County Clerk’s office.
- October 5, 2021 Early Voting Begins at the Taos County Clerk’s office
- October 30, 2021 Early Voting Ends
- November 2, 2021 Local Election Day
- November 12, 2021 Last Day for Taos County Clerk to issue Certificate of Canvass of the results of the Election
- November 26, 2021 Secretary of State’s office issues Certificate of Election to Candidates
- January 1, 2022 Candidates take office
- TIDD Plan (assembled with exhibits) adopted 1-13-15
- Amended TIDD Formation Resolution No. 2015-275 1-13-15
- Final Recorded Amended MDA 5-31-2017
- TIDD Updated Finance Plan 06-2019
- Tidd OSA Report 12-20-2020 final FY2020Audit