The Taos County Clerk’s Office and the Taos County Bureau of Elections are in charge of the November 3, 2020 local election process. They can be reached at 575-737-6400.
Important voting information from the Bureau of Elections:
- In-person voting will take place at the Inn at Taos Valley on November 3, 2020 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. for voters registered in the Village of Taos Ski Valley
- Early voting will be available at the Taos County Courthouse October 6-October 30, M-F 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., and Sat. October 31 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Please see the Taos County web site for alternate early voting locations https://www.taoscounty.org/172/Dates-Times-for-General-Election-2020
- Absentee voting requires submission of an application for absentee ballot which can be found at https://www.taoscounty.org/DocumentCenter/View/48/Absentee-Application-PDF and returned to the Taos County Clerk at 105 Albright St Suite D, Taos, NM 87571
- Absentee ballots will be mailed beginning on October 6 and must be returned by 7:00 p.m. November 3. Voters may deliver their own absentee ballot in person to the Taos County Clerk’s office or at polling locations.
- Last day to register to vote in the November 3 election is October 6. Voter registration and updates to voter registration are available on the NM Secretary of State’s web site at https://www.sos.state.nm.us/voting-and-elections/voter-information-portal/voter-registration-information/