Fire Ban in Effect
VILLAGE OF TAOS SKI VALLEY FIRE RESTRICTIONS:
Local Burn Ban FIRE RESTRICTIONS TO BE EFFECTIVE AT 5:00 pm April 20, 2020
Due to conditions and rapidly escalating fire danger within the Village of Taos Ski Valley the following activities shall be prohibited or restricted within the boundaries of the Village of Taos Ski Valley; until rescinded. This restriction is consistent with the USFS open flame ban that was set in place on April 15, 2020 at 5:00pm till June 30, 2020.
These Restrictions Prohibit:
- Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, or charcoal stove fire. A propane stove is exempt.
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building.
- Possessing, discharging, or using any kind of firework or other pyrotechnic device.
- Using an explosive.
- Welding, or operating an acetylene or other torch with open flame.
- FIREPLACES AND WOODSTOVES; The use of indoor fireplaces and woodstoves are permitted, provided they are equipped with a metal spark arrestor screen.
- BARBEQUE GRILLS: Cooking devices, intended for outdoor use, fueled by liquid propane gas, natural gas or liquid fuel are permitted.
FIRE RESTRICTION EXEMPTION PERMIT:
- A Fire Restriction Exemption Permit may be obtained from the Taos Ski Valley Fire Department or the Village of Taos Ski Valley Office. Approval and signature must be obtained from the Taos Ski Valley Fire Chief. Permit holder must have a copy of approved and signed exemption permit at applied property.
- Pursuant to the Village of Taos Ski Valley Ordinance 04-2, section 7, the penalties for any violation of this fire restriction shall be a fine of not more than $500 and/or imprisonment of not more than ninety (90) days.
Any federal, state, or local member of an organized law enforcement, rescue, or firefighting force in the performance of their official duty is exempted from this fire restriction.
Thank you for your cooperation,
Christof Brownell, Mayor
Roberto Molina Jr, Fire Chief