The Village Clerk
Ann M. Wooldridge, Village Clerk
Telephone: 575-776-8220, ext. 3
The Village Clerk’s goal is to support the process of municipal government. The Clerk, along with the administrative staff members, is dedicated to understanding and fulfilling the needs of the community. Through teamwork and professionalism in the work place, we provide high quality services to our citizens.
November 3, 2020 Election Information:The Taos County Clerk’s Office and the Taos County Bureau of Elections are in charge of the November 3, 2020 local election process. They can be reached at 575-737-6400.
Important voting information from the Bureau of Elections:
- In-person voting will take place at the Inn at Taos Valley on November 3, 2020 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. for voters registered in the Village of Taos Ski Valley
- Early voting will be available at the Taos County Courthouse October 6-October 30, M-F 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., and Sat. October 31 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Please see the Taos County web site for alternate early voting locations https://www.taoscounty.org/172/Dates-Times-for-General-Election-2020
- Absentee voting requires submission of an application for absentee ballot which can be found at https://www.taoscounty.org/DocumentCenter/View/48/Absentee-Application-PDF and returned to the Taos County Clerk at 105 Albright St Suite D, Taos, NM 87571
- Absentee ballots will be mailed beginning on October 6 and must be returned by 7:00 p.m. November 3. Voters may deliver their own absentee ballot in person to the Taos County Clerk’s office or at polling locations.
- Last day to register to vote in the November 3 election is October 6. Voter registration and updates to voter registration are available on the NM Secretary of State’s web site at https://www.sos.state.nm.us/voting-and-elections/voter-information-portal/voter-registration-information/
The Clerk’s Office
- Prepares agendas and minutes for the governing body and the Planning & Zoning Commission;
- Keeps in custody all minutes, ordinances and resolutions approved by the governing body and the Planning & Zoning Commission;
- Attends all meetings of the governing body and the Planning & Zoning Commission ;
- Records all proceedings, ordinances and resolutions of the governing body and the Planning & Zoning Commission;
- Upon request, furnishes copies of municipal records which are public records;
- Conducts municipal elections;
- Directs issuance of business registrations and licenses;
- Administers the Village liquor license process;
- Directs issuance of animal licenses;
- Directs publication of legal notices;
- Prepares and monitors monthly utility bills;
- Provides staff services and support for the Mayor, Village Council and Village Administrator