PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT:
The Public Works Department, led by director Ray Keen, constantly strives to continually deliver excellent customer service and a high standard of safety to residents, visitors, and members of the business community. The primary goal of the Public Works Department is to maintain, protect and ensure the future of the Village of Taos Ski Valley’s infrastructure while educating the public on available services as well as supporting a wide variety of special projects and events.
Along with maintaining the Village’s Water and Sewer system, the Public Works Department works to maintain all Village Roads and also provides snow removal services to residents and businesses.
The Village Public Works Department provides a trash compactor at 38 Ocean Boulevard, near the Wastewater Treatment Plant, for disposal of regular residential and commercial trash (Village residents and businesses only.) Along with this, a roll-off for large items will be available upon notice, usually two times per year in the spring and fall. Disposal of large items during the rest of the year and disposal of construction debris must be made at the Taos Regional Landfill.
Recycling bins are available across from the trash compactor for cardboard, glass, and aluminum. Please be careful to sort recycle items and do not place recycle items in plastic bags in the bins.
- Preliminary Engineering Report 01-2017 for WWTF upgrade PDF>>
- Appendix A WWTF Service Area PDF>>
- Appendix B WWTF Drawings PDF>>
- Appendix C1 Sanitaire ICEAS SBR part one PDF>>
- Appendix C1 Sanitaire ICEAS SBR part two PDF>>
- Appendix C2 IFAS PDF>>
- Appendices C.3 – C.6 PDF>> MBR Preliminary Proposal, Fine Screen, UV Disinfection, Tertiary Filtration
- Appendix D IFAS Treatment Process Alternative PDF>>
- Appendix E Preliminary calculations PDF>>
- Appendix F Financial Data PDF>>
- Appendix G Categorical Exclusion Request PDF>>
- Appendix H CPE Report For Board PDF>>
- Appendix I Existing WWTF energy usage PDF>>
- Comprehensive Performance Evaluation for VTSV Wastewater Treatment Plant PDF>>
- Drinking Water Consumer Confidence Report 2015 PDF>>
- Drinking Water Public Notice 11-18-2016 PDF>>
- Drinking Water Public Notice 10-18-2016 PDF>>