The Building Department, headed by Building Official Jalmar Bowden, is located at the Village Complex in the Amizette neighborhood of the Village 1346 NM-150, Unit 8, Taos Ski Valley, NM 87525. Information and questions pertaining to Building Codes and Building Permits can be requested by contacting Building Official, Jalmar Bowden at email@example.com or 575-776-8220 ext. 4.
- Building and Construction Codes Ordinance 2020-10
- Guide to Village and State Building Codes : an explanation of the relationship of the Village Codes to the New Mexico and International Building Codes
- Ordinance 2021-44 Village Wildland Interface Ordinance
- 2022 Construction Permit Application
- High Altitude Design Standards
A message from Building Official, Bowden:
Permits from the Village are generally required for new construction, remodels, alterations, reroofs and repairs. Please check with the Building Department prior to all construction activities. Please send all permit applications by email to Jalmar Bowden. When permit application is received via email, an acknowledgement of receipt will be sent with a secure link for uploading construction documents. Architects and engineers are encouraged to inquire prior to design stages.