Village updates June 2015
Although renovations are taking place in the Village of Taos Ski Valley, Village staff did want to advise residents and visitors that many activities are still available, such as:
Places to Eat:
* Stray Dog Cantina open every day 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
* Bumps Market open Mon to Sat 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Black Diamond Coffee, on Thunderbird road (just doors down from Box Canyon and the village Chamber office) open 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EVERYDAY
* Bavarian Lodge & Restaurant open for lunch Thursday to Monday, and for dinner Thursday to Sunday
Places to Stay:
* Lodging accommodations are available at the Alpine Village Suites, Amizette Inn, Bavarian Lodge, Columbine Inn, Kandahar, Rio Hondo condos, Snakedance Condos.
Places to Shop:
*Boot Doctor’s 10:00 – 5:00 EVERYDAY
*Box Canyon 10:00 – 3:30 Mon to Fri., 10:00 – 1:30 Saturdays, closed Sundays
Things To Do:
*Hiking – the mountain is alive!
*Volleyball – sand volleyball court set up for your enjoyment by chair 4. Volleyballs are available to check out at Bavarian.
* Rio Grande Stables are here one day a week, starting in July, every Sunday they will be taking trail rides up Bull of the Woods.
* Big Al’s Horseback Rides are open everyday
*Northside – mountain biking trails
*Chairlift rides now at CHAIR 4! July 2nd – Sept. 7th
Adults $15, children $10, under 6 FREE
Hours of operation: Thursday – Monday 10:00 – 4:30 p.m.
*The Taos Opera Institute is performing at various locations, with a final gala on June 26 at the TCA.
*The Taos School of Music Chamber Music Festival is taking place during June through August, with many concerts both at the Hotel St. Bernard and at the TCA.
*The Jillana School and the UNM German summer school are holding classes in the ski valley this summer.
*July 4th Celebration!! Festivities will be held back by the Bavarian and chair 4. Music , Duck Races, Fire Engines… Fun for the whole family! 2-5 pm
*Up and Over Trail Run, Aug. 1st …Same course as last year!
Entry Fee: $55 before July 1st, $60 after July 1, 2015
Ongoing Development Update:
*Work continues on footings for the new hotel in Sutton Place.
*Sutton Place is closed to vehicle traffic until November 14
*Utility work for electrical power, natural gas/fiber optics trench up Highway 150 will start in July