The Village of Taos Ski Valley, Taos Ski Valley, Inc, and the Town of Taos have worked together to provide Taos County with its only form of mass transit, The Chile Line Bus Service.
This Bus Service operates within the Town of Taos and during winter months provides service to the Village of Taos Ski Valley.
Click below to open to bus schedule.
Chile Line Service Updates
- All runs are public – there are no dedicated employee runs.
- The fare is now $1.00 one way and $2.00 round trip for all passengers occupying a seat. Passes can be purchased at Town Hall. Passes will be sold in the following denominations $50 for a 30 use (equivalent to $1.66 per day) and $15 for a 7 use (equivalent to $2.14 per day). All passes include an all-day transfer for the Ski Valley and Chile Line buses. Passes are good for all season.
- We have consolidated our morning runs to maximize the number of passengers transported up to Taos Ski Valley. We will have two buses running from town at 7:00 & 8:30 am, one starting at Sagebrush/Comfort Suites (Red Route) and the other at Whitten Inn (Green Route). In addition to these routes we have created a pilot circulator bus that will run between the Solar Center and Taos Ski Valley (Yellow Route) hourly between the hours of 7:00-1:40 pm.
- In the afternoon we will now have two runs from Taos (Pink Route) to Taos Ski Valley
- Holiday Enhanced schedules have been eliminated to maintain schedule consistency, however the routes have been incorporated into this new schedule.