The Village’s Planning and Zoning Commission oversees planning and zoning functions within the Village. The Commission’s primary function is to administer two ordinances, the zoning ordinance and the subdivision ordinance. Under the zoning ordinance, the Commission approves zone changes, conditional use permits and variance requests. Under the subdivision ordinance, the Commission approves subdivisions within the Village. The Commission regularly reviews these ordinances and recommends changes to the Village Council.
The Commission adopts a comprehensive plan for the Village, which is a general plan that guides development in the Village. Under the general direction of the Village Council, they develop the Village’s capital improvements plan that prioritizes capital projects within the Village.
Read the P&Z Meeting Agendas & Minutes »
The Commission consists of seven members appointed by the Mayor and Village Council. The current membership consists of the following:
- Tom Wittman, Chair email@example.com
- Henry Caldwell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richard Duffy email@example.com
- Yvette Klinkmann firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan Nichols email@example.com
- J. Christopher Stagg firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jim Woodard email@example.com
- Patrick Nicholson, Planning Officer firstname.lastname@example.org